Product Development Program Manager
Coterie is a modern baby care brand for the uncompromising parent. We create smart, high-performing products that make parents’ lives easier, starting with our diaper. After extensive global research and over 2 years of development, we created a high-performance diaper that outperforms the competition on the attributes that matter most. It keeps your baby drier, longer to help minimize leakages, blowouts and the likelihood of diaper rash. Our diapers are 25% plant based, and use clothing-grade materials that make them extremely soft and gentle.
Coterie was recently named The Best Diaper by Parents Magazine. We are growing quickly and are thrilled to bring on new team members who are as excited about redefining the world of baby care as we are.
We’re on the hunt for an organized, analytical Product Development Program Manager. They will play a critical role in bringing physical products to life! This position sits within the Supply Chain & Operations organization.
You are someone who loves owning a project from start-finish, building & executing calendars/timelines (Gantt charts!), connecting cross-functionally, and communicating with suppliers. You are also someone who loves numbers, data, and excel/g-sheets. This position will partner closely with Coterie’s manufacturing partners, internal supply chain and operations teams to ensure timely delivery of finished products to our warehouses.
The ideal person for this role is a self-starter, has an interest in product development, a problem solver, an analytical whiz, and a team player. If you’re excited to build a career at a nimble, early stage startup, we’d love to hear from you! This role reports into our Sr Manager Product Development Program Manager, and has the opportunity to be remote (New York based). Not a requirement, but an ideal candidate would also speak and read Mandarin.
- Manage the end-to-end product development lifecycle of new product launch initiatives or improvements
- Own & manage product calendars & timelines (Gantt Charts)
- Coordinate all phases of development cycle from initial concept, sample approval, to final approval of product specifications, material definition, and technical product testing & certifications
- Communicate cross-functionally (e.g. packaging development with Creative team) and with external suppliers to drive on-time delivery of and financially responsible product launches
- Manage supplier relationship, weekly conversations, & email follow-ups
- Issue PO’s accurately and on time.
- Identify areas of operational efficiency on an on-going basis
- A detail-oriented, organizational rockstar — You love turning a mess into order. You’re obsessed with operational efficiencies and loathe loose-ends. You’ve never met a mess you couldn’t clean up.
- A project manager extraordinaire — You know that smooth operations result in superior timelines and as such, you’re a highly organized executor and project manager who’s all about details and process. You have a “no task is too small” attitude and are compelled to go the extra mile
- A problem solver — You’re always thinking critically, solving problems, and improving performance, never settling for less than excellence. You love coming up with creative solutions to make the impossible possible!
- A level-headed team player — You keep calm under pressure and can roll with the ever-changing pace of a startup environment
- An agile thinker — You’re equally comfortable with big picture strategic planning and the small details of tactical execution and have no trouble switching between macro and micro views
- A top-notch communicator — You pride yourself on being clear, effective, and empathetic in your verbal and written communication. You speak up and proactively communicate without fear of challenging the status quo. You know that’s where growth happens!
- A data-driven decision-maker — You leverage your analytical expertise to tell a cohesive story that provides context for decision-making at all levels of the organization. You measure success by quantitative impact and outcomes, rather than output
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong project management and cross-functional work experience
- Familiar with Gantt charts & other project management tools
- Advanced Excel/modeling and presentation skills
- Ecommerce experience preferable
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Background in Nonwovens OR Material Science, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design, A PLUS
- Required: NYC metro area based
- (Not required): Fluent in Mandarin, A PLUS
The expected base salary for this role is $85,000 - $115,000 depending on a number of factors including job, level, experience and skill set.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- 16 week Parental Leave
- Maven - family planning program for employees and partners
- Commuter benefits thru WageWorks
- 50% employee discount code that can be applied on all orders for your household
- $900 Work-from-home furnishing stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coterie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.