Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Coterie is a modern baby care brand for the uncompromising parent. We create smart, high-performing products that make parents’ lives easier, starting with our diaper. After extensive global research and over 2 years of development, we created a high-performance diaper that outperforms the competition on the attributes that matter most. It keeps your baby drier, longer to help minimize leakages, blowouts and the likelihood of diaper rash. Our diapers are 25% plant based, and use clothing-grade materials that make them extremely soft and gentle.
Coterie was recently named The Best Diaper by Parents Magazine. We are growing quickly and are thrilled to bring on new team members who are as excited about redefining the world of baby care as we are.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships is a key piece of the broader Partnerships team at Coterie and will be responsible for owning and growing relationships with industry and brand partners across hospitality, medical, tech, corporate and more. This person is a master of relationship building, is comfortable pitching to various levels of seniority and understands how to navigate complex corporations to move deals forward. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing and evolving our network of industry experts, and their connection to the brand and business. You will partner directly with the VP of Business Development to build strategy, negotiate new business, and execute on top priority initiatives. This is an incredible opportunity for a driven individual, at a high-growth startup!
Areas of responsibility:
- Source, pitch, negotiate and execute strategic deals/partnerships with key industry partners to drive brand awareness, product adoption, and growth
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders within target organizations, to foster trust and serve as a representative for Coterie
- Drive cross-functional coordination and collaboration across internal teams including Product, Ops, Digital, Marketing, Legal, Finance and more
- Lead data-driven research and industry analysis to identify opportunities and inform strategy development
- Maintain a pipeline of attractive partnership engagement opportunities for existing partners; map specific opportunities to broader business strategy.
- Has 6+ years of relevant work experience (partnerships, business development, marketing) Experience across high-growth brands, hospitality or healthcare is a plus!
- Ability to navigate large organizations, reach decision makers, effectively pitch, present and close business
- Creative Storytelling: You have been the smaller brand or product and used effective storytelling to win business
- Comfort with leading projects of varying size and scope simultaneously, while prioritizing appropriately.
- Understanding of the Partnerships process – including but not limited to prospecting, proposal development and creation, negotiation, and contracting win-win deals for both parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong people management skills
- Independent drive to succeed and a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Is eager to learn, has strong multitasking skills and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The expected salary for this role is $125,000 - $150,000 depending on a number of factors including job, level, experience and skill set.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- 16 week Parental Leave
- Maven - family planning program for employees and partners
- Commuter benefits thru WageWorks
- 50% employee discount code that can be applied on all orders for your household
- $900 Work-from-home furnishing stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coterie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.