Product Development Engineer
Coterie is a modern baby care brand for the uncompromising parent. We create smart, high-performing products that make parents’ lives easier, starting with our diaper. After extensive global research and over 2 years of development, we created a high-performance diaper that outperforms the competition on the attributes that matter most. It keeps your baby drier, longer to help minimize leakages, blowouts and the likelihood of diaper rash. Our diapers are 25% plant based, and use clothing-grade materials that make them extremely soft and gentle.
Coterie was recently named The Best Diaper by Parents Magazine. We are growing quickly and are thrilled to bring on new team members who are as excited about redefining the world of baby care as we are.
We are seeking an experienced Product Development Engineer to join our team to design, develop, and test baby care products. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products that meet customer needs.
- Design and develop baby care products (primarily diapers and wipes) ensuring they meet consumer needs and are compliant with industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, manufacturing, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure the successful launch of products.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify market trends and new product opportunities and to benchmark current products versus leading competitors.
- Participate in product testing, including in-house and external lab testing, to ensure products meet quality and performance standards.
- Work with the Product Development Planning Team to develop and maintain project timelines, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Create and maintain product specifications and documentation.
- Work with our suppliers’ QA team to establish quality standards. Monitor consumer feedback and product complaints system to investigate and resolve any potential deviations or issues.
- Continuously improve existing products and processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in chemical or mechanical engineering.
- 7-10 years of experience in a product development role, with a focus on baby care (diapers or wipes).
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to cosmetics and absorbent products.
- Strong project management skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience designing, executing and analyzing product performance, sensory testing and consumer perception tests is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects.
The expected salary for this role is $120,000 - 150,000 depending on a number of factors including job, level, experience and skill set. If you meet the qualifications for this position and are passionate about developing innovative products that improve the lives of babies and their families, we encourage you to apply.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- 16 week Parental Leave
- Maven - family planning program for employees and partners
- Commuter benefits thru WageWorks
- 50% employee discount code that can be applied on all orders for your household
- $900 Work-from-home furnishing stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coterie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.